Big Data ScientistGamma Entertainment, Canada , Montreal
Company Description :
Media Traffic Agency specializes in innovative advertising delivery on the web using an ethical approach at each step : for adult websites, with AdXpansion, or non-adult websites with Media Traffic, the company wants to reach quality audiences and deliver targeted advertising that interests them.
- Media Traffic Agency, ad network you say?
Yes, there are other advertising networks than the one with the double from the double 'o' giant!
Since its birth two years ago, Media Traffic Agency has more than quadruple its impression volume and served more than thousand of hundred clicks through its publishers.
With more than 500 000 000 (yes, millions!) of impression each day, Media Traffic Agency is now at a place where its software architecture, server and data-mart must anticipate a gargantuan growth.
Our experimented web software development team is waiting to welcome you, make you grow and learn but also enrich itself from your experience, ideas and new ways to learn and discover where fairness and equilibrium can be reach in such a complex system.
Terabytes of information, millions of data to average, mediate, standard deviate, correlate and analyze, algorithm to fine-tune, sample, and experiment with, multi-arm bandit problems with real-world situation and more...
If any of those make your neurons over-ionize, now is your chance to come and meet us.
If software systems and their algorithm is your passion,
If making complex system used by millions of users each day using top of the world mathematical models and algorithmic concept excite you,
If creating fairness for ten of thousand of publishers and advertisers by inventing and improving a cutting-edge bidding system seems intriguing to you:
Under the direct supervision of the Software Development Director and guided by the Product Owner and her stakeholders, you will participate directly in the innovating project of a growing company with a technological environment to the edge and a friendly atmosphere.
System expert and scientist by heart, invested with the reliability and truthfulness of your answers, you'll be:
• Analyzing, writing and reporting on a huge dataset (in the TB by day range);
• Improving, reviewing and ensuring the reliability of our automated reporting system;
• Try new and innovative algorithm or parameters on sampled datasets;
• Analyze and explain way to improve the economic performance and fairness of the system as a whole;
• Communicate on a regular basis your discovery and progress with your team;
• Participate in the improvement of the software architecture;
• Demonstrate in front of real users and stakeholders you team's successes;
• Share with a motivated, talented and autonomous team;
• Propose or even promote any team work and/or process improvement;
...and all the other challenge of a growing company!
• Work experience with SQL databases;
• Work experience with Hadoop / Hive;
• Work experience with complex system presenting dataset in the TB range;
• Experience with recent algorithm game theory;
• Some work experience with Lean Software Development practices;
• Some work experience of Agile / Scrum;
• Some experience with complex modern software architecture (SOA, WOA, 3-tiered, autre...);
• Some experience with 'Big Data' system (Apache Mahout, VoltDB, CloudScale, Google Pregel, ...);
• Some notion of computational statistics;
• Some notion of machine learning;
• Applied Mathematics or Computer Science Baccalaureate or equivalent.
• Growing company with many internal individual opportunities;
• A place to apply creative thinking and initiative with an eager-to-learn team;
• Modern and mastered work methodologies (Agile / XP), project management process (Scrum) and management technics (Management 3.0);
• Unique occasion to develop and work with edgy technologies for web software architecture and big scale system;
• Serene work environment in a young and motivated team;
• Competitive salary and benefits.