Web DesignerThe NetCircle, China , Shanghai
We are looking for experienced web designers with a combination of strong interface design, HTML, CSS and information architecture skills.
The NetCircle develops, builds and operates web-communities with up to 3+ million members. We have specialist knowledge and proven experience of meeting the unique demands of heavy-traffic and high-load web-platforms: scalable systems that serve over 250 million page views per month and deliver web-applications to over 20,000 concurrent users.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and innovative, good at "getting things done“, and have experience using social networking / dating websites.
A creative coder who thrives in a small-group environment; your work demonstrates not only a clean, modern sensibility of interaction design, but a level of visual literacy, as well. Must be proactive, collaborative and low-maintenance. Having a point of view about your work is essential.
You’ll be working with a world-class team of engineers who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable hunger for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work. And if there is a challenge, that’s when you really get started.
If the above sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Tell us why you’re the right person for our team and how you could contribute in our fast moving start up. Creative applications are welcome – impress us!
We offer above market salaries and we provide training for your own development goals. We adopt a 'family' culture and not the traditional 'waterfall' management style where team work is actively encouraged. Our office is one of the coolest offices by the river with our own in-house chefs cooking lunch and dinner for all our employees, plus other team building activities and regular evenings out as a company.
What you'll be doing:
- Produce high fidelity design mockups & clickable prototypes
- Produce production ready CSS and (x)HTML
- Work closely with the development team to ensure development implementation mirrors the final design assets
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a creative agency or studio
- Strong proficiency in HTML & CSS (can handcode)
- Good sense of visual design and implementation
- Proficiency in Adobe Tools (Photoshop)
- Possess strong interest for design, user experience and interface architecture
- Creative, proactive and conceptual mindset
- Excellent communication skills (ideally Chinese and English)
- Adapt quckly to new requirements / specifications
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Strong passion and interest for web and new technologies
- Problem solver who always seeks the most effective solution and loves technical challenges
- Function independently and work well within a team
- Experience engaging in rapid prototyping and iterative product development
- Experience developing within a team and using version control like Git or SVN
- Familiar with HTML5 APIs and CSS3 features
- Mobile platform U/I design & development
- Experience in designing for multi-lingual sites
- Know/have experience about agile (SCRUM) development process
Please submit your CV here(https://gotnc.wufoo.eu/forms/web-designer/). Alternatively, please forward your CV along with the URLs of your Website or of those that you have created to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info, check the company website here(http://www.thenetcircle.com/) or weibo(http://e.weibo.com/thenetcircle)