Senior Web DeveloperGOG.com, Poland , Warsaw
GOG.com is calling out to all master coders who want to enhance our extraordinary team as a Senior Web Developer. Join us in creating a beautifully designed, modern website using all the cutting-edge technologies. This position will give you the opportunity to develop the GOG.com website even further (yes, we want your awesome input!), as well as allow you to play a key role in a variety of brand new R&D projects.
- Work on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Cooperate with other departments on all aspects of the project (features, design, UX).
- Share your knowledge with other team members and support them as a mentor.
- Stay abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- 4+ years in web development.
- Mastery in PHP5 and OOP practices.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and scale a complete system experienced by millions of users.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment process (git-flow, CI).
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best web sites on the Internet.
- Experience in working with Symfony2 framework on production environment.
- Experience with performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, OAuth2).
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache).
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A competitive salary and a great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment.
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package, should you need one, as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
Does this sound like the perfect job opening for you? Submit your CV in English and a few code samples here: https://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=be1163d2e6a84fc9a21c4a173c2b3c5b
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."