Mid-Level Full-Stack Developer (PHP)LinkUp, United states , Minnesota , Minneapolis
LinkUp is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join a truly awesome company. We are the most innovative and exciting company in the dynamic job-search and recruitment-advertising industry. We are growing very rapidly and looking for someone who can add immense value to help build a phenomenal business.
We're not in Silicon Valley, not on the East Coast, but right here in Minneapolis. Completely unique to the industry, LinkUp (www.linkup.com) only has jobs found on company websites - no spam listings, scams, or other jobs that pollute the job hunting experience. And because we have carefully compiled the highest-quality index of jobs data, we have plenty of interesting big-data challenges and opportunities.
We've got lots of exciting work to do. You will be a part of a dynamic and fun team. You will have the opportunity to both work on new projects and perfect existing technology to help us shape the future of job-seeking.
* Maintain existing web application, including bug fixes and enhancements
* Assist in development of new site features and products
* Develop custom reports using MySQL
* Investigate potential site / system issues
To be successful, you'll need the following:
* Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or related field
* More than 3 years experience programming in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge and experience developing sophisticated web applications in PHP
* The ability to work competently on all parts of a modern, full-stack LAMP application
* A solid understanding of web technologies and protocols
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* The ability to work collaboratively or independently
Someone that would be a great fit:
* Can juggle a wide variety of tasks, projects, and priorities when needed
* Can go heads-down for extended periods on a large project when needed
* Has the discipline to use software project tools correctly
* Understands an array of software design patterns and when each is applicable
* Fully grasps the principles behind object-oriented design
* Knows the importance of a clean, consistent, documented codebase
* Can read and understand code written by other people
* Is equally competent improving an existing system or building from scratch
* Is comfortable integrating many disparate technological solutions into a coherent whole
* Can produce high-quality markup, styles, and scripts on the front-end
* Uses version control religiously and effectively
* Is comfortable on the Linux command line
* Understands the tradeoffs between time, cost, resources, scope, quality, and risk
* Loves being a critical part of a team doing meaningful work
Bonus points if you have experience with:
* Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Couchbase, Cassandra, Aerospike, Hadoop, or Tableau
* Competitive pay and benefits package
* Flexible, comfortable, ergonomic, laid-back, collaborative work environment
* Opportunity for scheduled work from home when appropriate
* Ownership opportunities in a growing company built on a solid foundation
* Opportunities for advancement and professional development
* Exposure to a wide array of modern and cutting-edge languages, tools, technologies, and techniques.
Local candidates or candidates willing to relocate only, please.
No recruiters, please.
To apply online, visit http://www.linkup.com/u/?id=2