Senior PHP Developer (m/f)Zencap Deutschland GmbH, Germany , Berlin
We are Zencap
Zencap is a fast-growing business loan marketplace in Europe, operating in Germany, Spain and the Netherlands. We are a Rocket Internet-backed FinTech start-up that is fundamentally changing how small businesses access capital and where that capital comes from. Our web-based marketplace directly connects small businesses searching for loans from €5K to €150K with accredited investors and institutions. Access to financing has never been easier, faster, and more efficient. This is next generation financial services. We offer significant economic value to our customers. The opportunities ahead of us are unbound. We think big, and if you do too, then come join our talented team.
About the job
• Design and develop complex web applications and modules for our website
• Manage software development projects, including planning, tracking and executing software architecture
• Optimize our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours
• Ensure code quality
• Enforce best practices and optimize work flows
• Work closely together with our other departments, like Product Management
Who we’re looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent professional education
• Experience in programming with PHP5 OOP (Zend Framework experience is a plus, Yii, Symfony, CakePHP and CodeIgniter are also valued) and MySQL databases
• Deep knowledge of the latest tools and technologies in software development
• Open-minded to, and ideally experienced in, Extreme Programming (XP) and Agile Modeling (Scrum, Kanban)
• Basic knowledge in system administration (Linux, Apache or nginx)
• Deep interest in scaling high performance web sites, database optimization and web services (REST, SOAP) complete your profile
• Excellent English skills
What we offer you
• Inside perspective on an industry-disrupting start-up
• International team of very motivated and talented people where hierarchies don't matter but passion and drive do
• Challenging tasks and responsibilities in a growing and successful Fintech-startup
• Team events like Blind Lunches, Parties, Sport events or just going out and have a drink together
• Opportunity to bring in your ideas, initiative and creation to help us in changing the finance world
• Interesting trainings that shall support you in building up and in further developing your skills and abilities
• Healthy snacks like cereals, fruits and drinks
• Flexible work time
Up for a challenge?
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing and complete application (CV, cover letter, certificates, salary expectations and starting date) either in German or in English to firstname.lastname@example.org!